First Presbyterian Church (Lancaster, Pa.) Records, 1811

 

Call Number: MG-710

1 box     1 folder

Repository: LancasterHistory.org (Lancaster, Pa.)

Shelving Location: Archives South, Side 15

Description: This collection contains a deed for property on Lime Street, Lancaster that was sold by trustees of the church in 1811.

Creator: First Presbyterian Church (Lancaster, Pa.)

Conditions for Access: No restrictions.

Conditions Governing Reproductions: Collection may not be photocopied. Please contact Research Staff or Archives Staff with questions.

Language: English

Source of Acquisition: Source noted at the item level.

 

Folder 1 Deed for property on Lime Street in Lancaster City, Hamilton Lot no. 491. The property was sold by Samuel Humes, Jeremiah Mosher, Henry Pinkerton, Henry Slaymaker, William Dickson, William Kirkpatrick, William Montgomery, Samuel Clendenin, and John Whiteside, trustees of the English Presbyterian Church, to Michael Gundacker, merchant. 21 September 1811. Originally sold in 1770 by James Hamilton to Edward Shippen, Robert Boyd, William White, Henry Helm and William Montgomery for the use of the members of the Presbyterian Church, for the purpose of a church, school, or almshouse, and a cemetery for church members. The 1811 sale was made possible by an act of the state legislature and was coupled with a tract of land in Tioga County. Gift of Clarke Hess, 7 October 2013.