The Lancaster Campus of History
LancasterHistory.org’s Campus of History is the home to President James Buchanan’s Wheatland, the Research Library and Archive, exhibition galleries, Museum Store, and the Louise Arnold Tanger Arboretum. General Admission tickets and Research Library admission may be purchased on the Camus of History at 230 North President Avenue.
Monday – Saturday: 9:30am – 5pm
Exceptions to Hours
Learn when there are closures due to special events, holidays, and inclement weather. Includes President James Buchanan’s Wheatland.
Tours of President James Buchanan’s Wheatland
- General Admission Tours
- Monday – Saturday at 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, and 3pm
- Living History Saturdays *starting March 3*
- March 3, April 7, May 5, and June 2 at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, and 3pm
- “Go At Your Own Pace” Saturdays *starting March 31*
- March 31, April 28, May 26, and June 30 | Tour entries every 15 minutes from 1-3:15pm
The Tanger Arboretum
The Arboretum is open seven days a week from dawn to dusk. This is no admission charge.
2018 Regular Season
|GENERAL ADMISSION*||RESEARCH LIBRARY ADMISSION|
|Child (10 & Under)||FREE||FREE|
|Group Tours||Call Stephanie Townrow at (717) 392-4633, Ext. 131 to schedule your group tour today!|
* General Admission consists of a guided tour of President James Buchanan’s Wheatland and admission to LancasterHistory.org’s self-guided exhibition galleries.
** Members of LancasterHistory.org are admitted free of charge, except for special programs or events such as Yuletide at Wheatland.
*** A Family Pass is comprised of two adults or seniors + two students. Please call to receive this price.
TICKETS can be booked online or over the phone. Tickets are also available at the door; however, they are first come, first served and not guaranteed. Advanced reservations are strongly recommended. We recommend guests to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to their tour time for check-in.
Admission to the Research Library is available only at the door. Advanced reservations are not required.
LancasterHistory.org does offer group tours for both adult and student groups. For more information and pricing or to schedule a group tour, please contact Stephanie Townrow at (717) 392-4633, Ext. 131 or by email at email@example.com.