LancasterHistory.org is your comprehensive center for Lancaster County history!
At our main location at 230 North President Avenue, you can:
- Take a guided tour Wheatland, the beloved home of 15th U.S. President James Buchanan
- Visit museum exhibitions and view the latest exhibition, FREEDOM: “to secure the Blessings of Liberty”
- Search for your Lancaster County connection in our Research Library, with more than 2 million documents, manuscripts and books, access to the Platinum edition of Ancestry.com and a variety of additional databases and resources
- Tap into the expertise of our staff, who together have more than 100 years experience in genealogy, Lancaster history, and scholarly research
- Walk the grounds of LancasterHistory.org, including the Louise Arnold Tanger Arboretum and Dwarf Conifer Garden
- Take a piece of history home with you when you shop at The Museum Store
- Attend one of our many events, many of which are low cost, free, or kid-friendly
To learn more about LancasterHistory.org and plan your visit, please visit the menu options above. To purchase your tickets, click the button below.
*Please note that admission to the Research Library may be purchased at the door. No advanced reservations required. Learn more about visiting the Research Library at LancasterHistory.org.