LancasterHistory.org offers a variety of internships that provide experience in a vibrant, professional setting at the Lancaster Campus of History. Internships are available in the spring, summer, and fall, and are awarded through a competitive application process. Internships at LancasterHistory.org are unpaid, but may be coordinated with the applicants’ college or university to provide internship educational credit.
Internship opportunities are provided in the following areas:
- Archives Care & Management
- Collections Care & Management
- Historical Interpretation
- Museum Education & Programming
The Application Process
Potential internship applicants must:
- Have completed their sophomore year in college
- Submit an application, including a personal statement, the names and contact information of two references (one of which must be academic), resume, and an unofficial transcript
- Go through an interview process
The hours and length of an internship may vary, and are mutually determined through the intern and the LancasterHistory.org staff member supervising the internship.
*If you have trouble submitting your application, please contact Emily Miller, Marketing & Development Officer, and describe the issue you are encountering. Thank you!