Discover the Benefits of Membership
On the Campus of History you will learn about Lancaster County and the unfolding of 300 years of remarkable history. From stories of the Conestoga Indians and the Underground Railroad to the political legacy of James Buchanan and Thaddeus Stevens, Lancaster’s history has something to offer every visitor to the Campus of History!
- Free General Admission to LancasterHistory.org* (includes all museum exhibitions and standard admission to President James Buchanan’s Wheatland)
- Unlimited use of our 16,000-volume research library, 2 million+ manuscripts and documents, and 95,000+ photographs (Learn more about our research offerings here!)
- Member discounts to all classes and genealogical consultation services
- 10% shopping discount at our two Museum Stores: at the Campus of History (230 N. President Avenue) and in downtown Lancaster City (4 W. King Street)
- Special invitations to our programs, events, classes, and special series
- Subscription to The Journal of Lancaster County’s Historical Society
- Subscription to The Historian, our bi-monthly e-newsletter
- 10% discount on Fulton Theatre tickets purchased for Thirsty for History Thursdays
- Members at the Benefactor Level and above enjoy free access to more than 900 other museums across America!
*Except for special programs and events such as Yuletide at Wheatland
Each membership level enjoys the benefits listed in the section above. View the membership levels above to learn more and view additional benefits accorded to each level. Each subsequent level enjoys the benefits of all previous levels.
Membership for one adult.
Membership for two adults and children residing at home.
*NEW* Reciprocal membership benefits and free admission to more than 650 museums nationwide through the North American Reciprocal Museum Association. Learn what museums are a part of NARM at https://narmassociation.org/.
Benefactor members also receive two complimentary General Admission tickets to share with friends per year, a $10 gift certificate to The Museum Store, invitations to special events, and recognition in the Annual Report.
Sustainers receive a complimentary Family membership to be given as a gift to the recipient of their choice. Sustainers also receive a $25 gift certificate to The Museum Store.
Director's Circle members receive a private tour of Wheatland, the exhibition galleries, or the Richard C. von Hess Decorative Arts Center for you and a guest, and a special "Guest Of" membership card which may be used throughout the year for your guest to enjoy free General Admission to LancasterHistory.org and admission to the Research Library.
President's Circle members receive enrollment in The 1729 Society, the premier giving circle supporting efforts to preserve and promote the history of our region. Members also receive invitations to unique, behind-the-scenes events for 1729 Society Members, a $50 gift certificate to The Museum Store, and a private tour of Wheatland and the exhibition galleries for you and a guest.
In addition to the benefits of all subsequent levels, you and five guests are entitled to a private tour of Wheatland, the exhibition galleries, or the Richard C. von Hess Decorative Arts Center.
In addition to all the benefits above, a portion of your membership dues will help us purchase new items for the library, archives, and objects collections, or for display at Wheatland. Your support will be acknowledged in our Annual Report.
Memberships make great gifts! If you would like to purchase a gift membership for a friend or loved one, please fill out the membership form online. LancasterHistory.org will mail the membership to the recipient on your behalf.