Hollinger Tannery Records, 1914-1950

Call Number:  MG-584

1 volume

Repository:    LancasterHistory.org (Lancaster, Pa.)

Shelving Location:  Archives South, Side 12

Description:   Ledger of the Hollinger Tannery and Hollinger family, 1914-1950. The tannery, founded by Jacob Kreider, was located on Willow Street Pike. Johan Hollinger apprenticed with Mr. Kreider and then took over the business in 1824. The tannery closed in 1918. This ledger was used in writing Chapter IV in The Story of Leather: Tanning in Lancaster County, by Charles D. Spotts.

Creators:  Hollinger Tannery (Lancaster, Pa.); Hollinger family

Conditions for Access:  No restrictions.

Conditions Governing Reproductions:  Collection may not be photocopied. Please contact Research Staff or Archives Staff with questions.

Language:  English

Source of Acquisition:  Gift of Elizabeth Jarvis and John Hollinger, August 2010, in honor of the Hollinger Family.

Related Materials:  Spotts, Charles D. The Story of Leather: Tanning in Lancaster County. Lancaster: Lancaster Theological Seminary, 1973.

A table from the tannery is in the collections of the Conestoga Area Historical Society. (August 2010)

 

Book 1  Ledger of the Hollinger Tannery and Hollinger family, 1914-1950.